In Redwood City, we strive to maintain a business-friendly environment from the largest high-tech world headquarters, to the smallest “mom & pop” storefront. Both ends of the business spectrum, and all the levels in between, are important to the health and prosperity of our community.
We offer a number of resources to help you start your business in Redwood City. Visit the links on this page for the full range of services provided to businesses (and prospective businesses) by Redwood City, the State of California, and other agencies.
- Space Available
- Redwood City Business License - We thank you for choosing Redwood City to operate your business. Before you start, you will need to obtain a license from the City’s Revenue Services division.
- Community Development Department - Planning, Building, Engineering and Housing Information
- Redwood City Chamber of Commerce
- State of California Business Permits
- Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development